Game On!
Are you a member? Then log in!

If you're not GET YOUR GAME ON and SIGN UP!
Game On!
Are you a member? Then log in!

If you're not GET YOUR GAME ON and SIGN UP!
Game On!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for all your gaming needs!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild Arms 5

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elly
Forum Staff
Elly

Wild Arms 5 Empty
PostSubject: Wild Arms 5   Wild Arms 5 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:45 pm

Wild Arms 5 Wildarms5box

Wild Arms 5/Wild Arms 5th Vangaurd
Genre:RPG/Platformer/Puzzle
Developer:Media Vision, Xseed, Japan Studio

Story: 8/10
The story is set in the familiar looking world of Filgaia. A land of natural resources and wonder. However, years of
human intervention has caused the planet to become weak. The story focuses on a young orphan boy named Dean and his childhood friend, Rebecca. Dean has always loved golems (giant robot mechs. think gundam) and has always dreamed of becoming a golem hunter. One day, as Dean was searching the inner sections of a cave, a giant golem arm drops from the sky. Dean goes crazy over the arm as it was the first piece of golem he's actually been able to see in real life. Dean walks towards it and attempts to touch the golem hand. His action is then halted by the hand opening to reveal a girl being held in it. Dean asks her who she is and where she came from(and something about the golem i think) but she could not answer. It seemed like she had amnesia. When asked if she was able to remember anything, she was able to say her own name, Avril. When asked further, she responded with Johnny Appleseed. Who is this girl? Why was she in a golem's hand? Who the heck is Johnny Appleseed? Well, Dean doesn't know but he's determined to find out.

Gameplay: 10/10
The game employs your basic RPG basics: leveling, money, loots and turn-based fights.This is then mixed with
dungeons that require some platforming and puzzle skills in order to pass. However, what is truly amazing about
this game is the trademark Wild Arms hexagon system. No longer will you stay in an area and be pummeled to death.
You can move around the battle are through the use of hexagons. If you can visualize it, think FF tactics only with
a 7 panel fighting space, the ability to place multiple people on 1 hexagon and the classic elements of your normal
RPG's. There's also a LOT of bonus content like extra costumes, secret weapons, side quests, hidden dungeons....
The list just goes on. Over all pretty awesome.

Graphics: 7/10
Well nothing spectacular. It was made in 2006. I can not blame it. As for the graphic capabilities during that time,
I'd say they could have pushed it more. I mean the regular cut-scenes don't even look that nice. And the cinematics
(you know the parts that are all movie with no text box on the bottom that you have to scroll through?) are much
more to be desired upon.

Sounds: 9/10
I love the music! All i gotta say. It really sets you into the western feel of things. I would give it a 10 but the voice
acting is just meh. -_-

New Stuff: 10/10
Okay like I said the hexagons. I can not stress it enough. The hexagons are the thing in this game that aren't in any
other series. Of course its predecessor, Wild Arms 4, had it but it's a nice and well executed concept. Also the
black market allows you to buy the best equipment in the game for a hefty price: you levels. Yup this feature has
long been in use in the Wild Arms series. Now, all these things are not exactly "new" per se. They've all been done
by the series. However, to those who have never even heard of it will find it a distraction from the linearity of FF.

Pros
-best battle system ever!
-awesome music
-LOTS of extra content
-giant robots!

Cons
-horrid voice acting(good thing you can turn voices off)
-not noob friendly(the comps can and will kill you) *unless you like a challenge
-graphics are to be desired
-cliche story and characters (your basic video game stereotypes are all here. But if you play FF, this wouldn't be a
problem)

Overall: 9/10
Truly one of the nicest gaming experiences ever. Well what do you expect? With BOTH Xseed and Japan Studio
working on it, how could it fail? Now only if the voices didn't suck.(America's fault) ^_^

Xseed made: Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, Half Minute Hero and many more.
Japan Studio is responsible for Patapon. god bless.

Wild Arms 5 Wild_arms_5_rev_06
Wild Arms 5 Wild-arms-5-20070802111749045
Wild Arms 5 Wildarms5_1a

Last edited by Elly on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
riverboy
WEBMASTER
riverboy

Wild Arms 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Arms 5   Wild Arms 5 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Nice review elly! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://getyourgameon.forumotion.com

Wild Arms 5
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Game On! :: Gaming! :: Sony Consoles :: Play Station :: Play Station 2 :: Games/ Game Reviews-
Jump to: